Retirement Financial Literacy and Education Strategy
FEP has developed a retirement financial literacy and education strategy for Federal employees. The plan is designed to educate Federal employees on the need for retirement savings and investment, provide information on how to plan for retirement and how to calculate the retirement investment needed to meet their retirement goals.
We can help Federal Employees and their spouses understand the following benefits:
- Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS and CSRS offset)
- Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS)
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
- Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB)
- Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI)
- Retirement Options and Eligibility
- Survivor Benefits
- Monthly Retirement Calculation
- Social Security Benefits
- Special Retirement Supplement
Whether new to federal service or close to retirement, it is crucial to understand the benefits that are available and how they may change as you enter your retirement years.
Do any of these common questions sound familiar?
- When am I fully eligible to retire?
- What would my pension (FERS or CSRS) amount be at retirement?
- I am a CSRS Offset, how will this affect my pension?
- What happens if I retire before I am fully eligible?
- I want my spouse to receive my pension if I were to die, what are my options?
- What is the Special Retirement Supplement? Do I qualify for it?
- How does my past military service factor into retirement?
- I am a firefighter/air traffic controller/law enforcement officer/border patrol officer, how are my benefits different?
- I’m already retired, what are my options with my TSP?
- How much will my health insurance cost when I retire? How about my life insurance?
- Is my life insurance enough coverage?
- How does Social Security fit into my retirement?